Thursday, December 02, 2004

Hungry Heart

Preface
The title is taken from the Japanese animation cartoon of the same name, aired in Animax [the only channel worth watching in the free-to-air channels list apart from Travel&Living]
The author in choosing this, subtly draws a parallel between herself and the lead character of the cartoon Kiyasuki Kano in the point that he is determined to make it to the Japanese national soccer team as she is to becoming an IIM graduate and great Business Manager. The fact that both these character consume great quantities of food is entirely incidental.
End of Preface

There are many factors that contribute to a good physique
Favourable genes and family traits towards being thin
Exercise
a good lifestyle
a proper diet

This subject is known to me in theory only. I either dont have or dont follow the factors.Its not that god made me to be the way Gilbert Grape's mom was made.
But I unfortunately share bridget Jones's tendency to be 'always a little bit too plump'. [that is all I share with her]

Then:
When I was in hyderabad (up untill 6 months ago). I went to gym (everyday), played TT(everyday), ate only roti-sabji[healthy veg/pulses]-salad(everyday).
Now:
Now that I am back in the loving embrace of my family, I binge, crave and binge and crave ad infinitum.I can't gym except on weekends (which are better spent in the company of friends) and TT table is only a hazy memory.net result. I am my own grandma.
Diet:
If I eat to just overcome my hunger and nothing more (that is 1/2th of stomach capacity with food + 1/4th with water ) I eat a little more in the next meal (approx. enough to feed a dozen captive, starved elephants).
I decide not to snack in between meals. When I reach home, my sister stays in close proximity to me... munching on some really unhealthy fried items/ creamy pasteries and such foodstuffs generally unwelcome to a serious dieter.
Give me some credit, I count to 10 before giving in.
When I try to reduce my meal size, its either
a] an insult to my mother's culinary skills,
b] me taking out my office pressures at home and specifically at food,
c] my attempts to procure anorexia (how far away i am from there... only I know)
so one may conclude my parents are not of much help in encouraging me to stick to my diet.

Conclusions and Future Plan:
Find motivation to stay in shape--> JUDE LAW
Get more stable emotionally.
Generally settle down to a frame of mind to let go of snacking.
leave home (go to college hostel)
Take up walking and TT

on a more general note,
Jai is coming home for a month before taking up her duties serving the Devil (Microsoft). that is to look forward to. :) [yaaaaay]
Vinoo is leaving to Hyderabad and susequently (maybe) elsewhere.
Mixed feelings on this one. [want her to be happy, want to be in the same city as her, atleast]
Hope to make a tour to meet all friends before next June. [when, all things going well, I will make it to IIM]

On my way to sustain myself (a.k.a lunch)
Rain