Friday, October 15, 2004

One where Jude turns a Judas and I have no name…

Jude should’ve thought a bit about what I would go through before he went to the papers with his idiotic proposal to that bimbo(some Sienna Miller) that too in my most favorite..(yet to go there) city-Rome.
A small technicality, that he doesn’t know I exist… that is coming in way of true love…
Such highly trivial non-issue. Being the Indian girl that I am, I will faithfully wait till he returns to me. [:misty teary look:]

Back in the real world, where I promise to not be schizophrenic for atleast a while,
Navaratri has started. Spent most of last evening in setting up the golu stand and arranging the dolls…in the morning we added a new star attraction- blinky lights… around the 3 steps. J
Shopping for the Choli for Saturday night Dandiya dance is done. Apparently the car is in a bout of its frequent coma attack and God alone knows the logistics of how me and the family are going to make it back to the House after the dance. That is it for updates.

For some unknown reason, there are a band of people who like to not be called by their real names. I don’t mean like IMs or Login names, I mean the actual names-like the ones your parents give you and you hate them for it.
I already told you about Pi-Han who likes to be called Daphne, there is one more who’s real name is A***** and like to be called N****. Wonder why?
Taking a leaf outta their book, maybe I should be called something other than Ramya- which has become a generic name thanks to the mob tendency of Tamil parents from 1980-1990. Its seriously horrible, if there is a tamil Brahmin girl going down the road who may be placed in the 18-25 years category, anyone can scream “Ramya” and guarantee atleast a minimum of 5 heads will spin in the direction of the call.
Hey, may be the name ‘Guy’ was once specific, and since all parents in France had little/no imagination, there came a time when Guy became synonymous with …well, guys.
Similarly a tamil guy will be a Sriram/Srinivas/Ravi and the girl a Ramya/Priya. And after 1994, almost all girl children are Aishwarya and after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai [a phenomenally dumb movie] all the boys are Rahul. Name is a point of individuality, I really wish people would stop following trends here. Do new parents actually do this:
Parent X: “So you thought of any name for that pink shrimp of a baby?”
Parent Y: “I figured we would just follow the season’s pick outs…”
Parent X: “Everyone is currently naming the children JackAss after the popular MTV show”
Parent Y: ”We could do that…”
Parent X: ”We have a daughter, dear…”
Parent Y: “then Mallika she is…” [:father looks very disturbed:]

Its almost like Anthem a very rare, short novel by Ayn Rand-where people are called Equality 1-234, International 2-8376, Union 2-3875… so there will be Ramya 9-99999999999999999 one day.

I am thinking that a change of first name is in order here…(change of Last name will happen when Jude Law proposes… very likely to happen)
Unfortunately I am not getting anywhere with this. Maybe I should contact Charlie and Marta Kauffman to lend me the imagination that leads Phoebe to change her name to Princess Consuelela Banana Hammock and Mike to Crap Bag [if you can’t place F.R.I.E.N.D.S characters, then go find yourself some cds and lend them to me too].

Signing off as No-Name,
Rain (a direct contradiction)



2 comments:

Sarath Srinivasan said...

nice bit with the parents.And yes I can place Princess Consuela Banana Hammock presumably from the Banana Republic of T-shirt fame.

S m i t h a said...

i know exactly what u mean...
thats why i changed my name when i started blogging :D