Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Reunion Day II - Return of the Inolas

I am so incredible happy today... my very deep sadness has been erased off completely.

a]Inolas[ until she lets me mention her actually, I guess this should do] and I are not estranged anymore...Hurrah and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!!! [4th Oct]

b]Pumpkin called, he is having an absolutely mind-blowing successful work week full of felicitations, dinners and his hardwork being appreciated. Meet you at Dandiya, Dude.

c]I finally understood that all the members declared in a class without mentioning access specifiers are public and not private; ok, my joy at this is considerably much lesser than the others :p

d]Made a friend today who is Taiwanese by birth, a south-african by life and a member of my firm in the Connecticut division. She and I met at training yesterday. Pi-Haan (she likes to be called Daphne, is a great person) full of smiles always [ an ordeal only brides have to go through in India and that too only during their receptions!!! ] Hope she has nice things to say about India and Chennai when she returns to the States.

I found stamp collection to be a dull hobby-but it sure beats the hell out of, hold your breath-Java error messages collection. yes Ladies and Gentlemen, Human kind has evolved and given rise to the species called Homo Sapiens Errorenous-met the cheiftainess of the clan today.
when the trainer tells us what to do, she attempts the stuff as unlike the given instruction, in several different (wrong) combinations and delights when the compiler screams profanities.
Since we were neighbours, this is the kind of output I have been given, (thanks to the girl who loves error messages) :
Interface methods cannot have a body. \\ Mulder, we have a body-less entity
Type mismatch \\ Pyar kiya to darna kya ?!! besides, opposites attract.
Doesn't contain the required class \\ Are you taking about me!! [angry grimace]
please name the file "somename".java \\ Numerology?!! Dont believe in that -RRaamyaa
final method cannot be initialised \\ oh...hence the words 'final' and 'initial' [:enlighment:]

PS: the words follwing the '\\' symbol are comments - the last words of ms. MocaChino Sumatra.

why and how am I able to list out these? is it due to my stupendous memory powers!!!
quite close, but NO. SHE MADE ME WRITE THEM DOWN!!!
Me, the one who had never made notes in all the educational institutions I haunted, once I was past the "can-get-caned" age. [sigh!!]
Had I not given in to the whims of this person I could have angered her, gotten bitten for my pains and would be in the process of turning into one of her kind, her by nighfall!!!. Then I would spend my life writing wrong syntax and getting high when they come out wrong, I would be the scourge of Quality assurance personnel, the Bane of Six-Sigma Champions and Best Friend of the Bugs!!!

Enough said, I think. I should be closing shop now. Warm welcome to Karthik, Suze, PJ and all the others who visit the blog. Become regulars.

On the note of 'Inolas is back'
Rain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"please name the file "somename".java \\ Numerology?!! Dont believe in that -RRaamyaa"

Hehehe, good stuff! and u were caned in school?? :-P

Rainbow said...

In answer to Anonymous' question: Regularly.
and nidrajiva : Will look into the point you brought up..BTW gimme your blog url. will post your link if you don't mind.