Monday, October 18, 2004

Rain plays havoc on cricket

By the way, I am not referring to myself when I say Rain. I mean the weather phenomenon which has completely drenched the Chepauk Stadium in Chennai where India seemed like it had a good chance of victory if they make 210 runs today. People were dying of drought in this very state a couple of months back, now its pouring cats and dogs.
Murphy is having a field day. Worst comes to worst - there will be a draw. Actually, the worst would be some convuluted clause from the mysterious treatise of Messrs Duckworth and Lewis, the kings of cricket horrors, that the ultimate victors in this case would be the United Arab Emirates Team-since they have no rain.
Speaking of draws - check this quotation, straight from the person's mouth taken yesterday by a reputed news agency Reuters- Law lamented how waking up to read the story of their (Law and Miller)"engagement" put him in a awkward situation."I think it's a terrible shame that the editors aren't recognizing their responsibility," he said. "It just seems so careless and nasty."
Some astrology poster had it dead right when they put , as one of the 10 reasons that I would be a Scorpio : "Want what you can't have". and they missed the rest of the sentence "...and get it, anyway."
I am not saying any thing at all. I just can't stop grinning and its scaring everybody here... :)
My bit for world peace. And accounted nightmares for those who see my mysterious and blood curdling smile. Hehe...[:maniacal grin:]

Dandiya went better than expected. Danced till 2 in the morn, had to recuperate the whole of sunday to make it to office without looking like the victim of third degree torture.
Sis on the other hand, roamed jauntily without the slightest sign of weariness. Oh ye fit beings, hark! I am weak and proud, ye hear?!!!
Mother was properly embaressed with my extensively uncoordinated movements, Appa didnt care, I had a blast with my extensively uncoordinated movements and didn't care.

I believe that the Gujjus have the right ideas to make a community strongly united. The community that treads on each other's toes for 9 nights a year stays together. It became brutal at one point of time- one very enthusiastic garba dancer gave a wonderous thunk right on the lip of the lady unwisely placed right behind her. The lip split and it was bloody. There was also a lot of slamming into things and people going on. It was a rugby match with the players in kurta-pyjama or chaniya choli uniforms. It was amazing and I loved how sportive these people are, no body made any fuss and all tried to have a good time.

Met two of my college juniors there. Both being my sister's peers showed their class by proving practically that we have 11 fingers, here is an extended explanation for befuddled people like moi:-----
Required:
You need a hand, a finger not attached to the hand already taken and some elementary addition.
Method: take the hand (preferably left hand for Right-handers and vice versa) and spread the fingers wide. Then take the finger from the other hand (preferably pointer finger from the right hand of right handers and vice versa for the lefties[who think right!!])
Now carefully prod each of the fingers of the left hand once from the thumb to the pinkie while carefully muttering the count-down.
If you following instructions right you will mark the thumb as "10"... and finally to the pinkie as "6". capisce? 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 - the 5 fingers of your left hand.
Now how many fingers do you have in your other hand (the normal/default value is taken as 5)
Conclusion:
thus 6+5 = 11. End of theorem.
And we thought polydactly made Dr.Hannibal Lecter special...
Such a lot of gyaan for 2 in the morning! from such enlightened minds. :)
Ah to be in college again and try to prove the presence of a ghostly 11th finger!
I have decided to apply the same to the toes once I start college, which will be june 2005, all things going well. I am soo going to be killed in the campus :)
On the note of typing with 11 fingers,
Rain