Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Change

I know that 'Nothing is permanent, but change', that has been the story of my professional life.
There was a killing of a 21yr old call centre professional when she was on her way home, very near my own a couple of days back. My parents thanked the lucky stars that I had gotten relieved from night support, this change was asked for and got by me. Otherwise, I know for a fact that they wouldn't have had a good night's sleep, especially in the light of the unfortunate end of Stephanie.
So its good to ask and face the prospect of rejection rather than just meander unhappily and pile up frustration by the truckload. Got a great link for Calvin and Hobbes strips online from this gal at the forum. Got a great mail from a great friend, that showed just how lucky I am to have people who wish me well and make efforts to help me out.
Thus encouraged by all the positivity, I have decided to try my best and live up to everyone's expectations of me. I would like to take this opportuinity to register my extreme hatred for FIREWALLS. true that they try to save your system from viruses[ Hell, I even made one as my major project in college, but they are being used as tools for preventing the people from accessing topics that come under the different categories of forbidden subjects. Today was absolutely the crappiest; I tried the Google url and got the message:
" Prevented by {Firewall Name} due to the presence of category:'SEX'"
Gee, Really?!! How, dammit?!!
It seems my juniors are being forced to watch TV programmes on waste management and professional ethics, these topics I never even had in my syllabus [thank God]. Got the info from Vindy's latest post. If something was worth committing suicide over, I guess this would be it.
One more thing that could cause dementia, diahorrea and schizophrenia is the movie of Rob Scheinder [ that should be enough to scare even the stoutest heart] I saw yesterday [ as my other options were :a] the same movie , b] that very same movie and c] the same damn movie again; called 'the hot chick'. If they tried making even a very remote remake in Bollywood, I am so sure that the Saffron wing and women's groups are going to break anything they lay their hands on which is connected to the people in the film. Quite validly may I add. I only pray that my worst enemy should not get the situation so as to watch a movie so sub-standard.
On that disgusted note,
Rain