Thursday, September 30, 2004

Mon histoire dans une langue différente

bonjour Mes personnes,
I do not speak any French, Spanish or german... but I have absolutely thrilled myself with my own elegance. Like my comment in vinod's doodleboard "I have time and only Babelfish for company". Heh, very bourgeios comment, I admit.

Met a Garuda Sanjeevi online who only got 99.99 percentile in CAT. A very average score one would say...in mars, maybe. That one is not me; I simply am amazed by how forthcoming and simple the man is. And he is the uncrowned king of understatements: he says his exam had gone well and he get 6 iim[there are only that many] calls; he says his GD/PI for IIM-B wasn't so good- he is studying there now. Had a fun time chatting with a complete, very intelligent, stranger. I am usually very shy among new people. [no snickers from those who know me, please...]

I added the Calvin and Hobbes link from here, so that those who love 'em can reach 'em. Orkut has been a revelation to me, that I am not alone in my universe, there are thousands like me [ mental picture: an entire city of Agent Smiths in the climax of Matrix Revolutions]. So I busied myself in sending out invites, to have mes personnes join my friends community. Networking can be fun, but not the version about which mr.Tanenbaum has written volumes. [bleah!!]
So Orkut gets a link from here. And last [for now] but not the least [couldnt bypass cliches, sorry] is my most fav site in the whole wide world.. GOOGLE.

I'm thinking of adding another heading on the side bar called "Blinkie of the week" or "Blinkie Linkie", because... and you guessed it, I am into making blinkies now. Blinkies, for the uninitiated, are animated gif images. I am using the garden variety MS Paint to make them, hence they arent exactly very jazzy. Nevertheless, I will upload them here once I figure out how (to work past the firewall)...

My other creative pursuit has been in the field of the highest form of poetry... ze Limerick
here are my offerings for today...[ brickbat-deflector on, I can't be harmed]

there was a lady called Ling-ling,
Who really loved singing,
others cried out, "Oh My!
if we are all going to die...
what is the point in living?"

A love letter came for Freddy,
tied to the bow on a Teddy,
Then he felt a deja vu...
memory of something old and new
he explained, "You see, I read it already!!"

there was a guy named Ford,
from one jar to another he poured
water very slow
why? when asked to know
said he did it 'cos he was bored.

On the note of, "I know by now you have snored...",
Rain